EXAMINATION SYLLABUS for:
CPAC Level 2 :
Construction, Operation and Integrity Concepts for Oil and Gas Facilities
To achieve this Certificate of Qualification applicants are required to pass a supervised examination. The intent of the examination is to verify the applicants knowledge and understanding of, and/or ability to use:
- ASME B31.3 Process Piping Content for construction, inspection and testing
- Scope and Application of the Canadian B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code in the application of the B31.3 to Canadian Oil and Gas Facility Piping
- B51 and Z662 requirements for records, traceability and Integrity Management programs
- Identification of Canadian Registration Numbers (CRN’s)
- Use of ASME B31.3 listed and unlisted materials
- Provincial requirements for Quality Control programs
- Management, Document Control and Evidentiary Requirements
- The Roles and Responsibilities Competent Persons
Applicants will be provided copies of the applicable Code sections for use during the exam. Any reference publications required for this exam will also be provided. Applicants are permitted to use hardcopy reference material from approved training courses. Electronic devices are not permitted to be used during the exam.
Prerequisites and Equivalencies:
There are no prerequisites required for this CPAC Level 2 qualification. Applicants should have some field experience in the construction or operation of Oil and Gas facilities prior to writing the exam. Formal training from industry publications and information sessions, online training courses, and lecture series may also be suitable.
The following courses have been deemed a suitable pre-study for this examination. This list is not exhaustive and does not constitute an endorsement of the training organizations or individual trainers. The list is provided in alphabetical order of published course name.
|ASME B31.3 Introduction to Process Piping Design||4 days||CASTI||www.casti.ca|
|CSA B51/ASME B31.3 Process Piping Essentials||2 days||CSA||www.csagroup.org|
|Introduction to ASME B31.3 Process Piping Code||2 days||PEICE||www.peice.com|
|Oil and Gas Facility and Piping Practices – Based on the ASME B31.3||2 days||NASA||www.theothernasa.com|