EXAMINATION SYLLABUS for:
CPAC Level 2 :
Operations and Integrity Concepts for
CSA Z662 – 19 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems
To achieve this Certificate of Qualification applicants are required to pass a supervised examination. The intent of the examination is to verify the applicants knowledge and understanding of, and/or ability to use:
- Z662 Table of Contents
- Scope and Application of Operation and Integrity program requirements
- Z662 Terminology
- Z662 Reference Documents
- Section 3 – Management Systems
- Section 10 – Operations
- Function of Sections 11 through 17 as related to Operational and Integrity requirements
- Function of Appendices as related to Operational and Integrity requirements
- Appendix N – Integrity Management
- The Roles and Responsibilities of Pipeline Operator in relation to the lifecycle of pipeline systems
Applicants will be provided copies of the applicable Z662 sections for use during the exam. Applicants are permitted to use hardcopy reference material from training courses. Electronic devices are not permitted to be used during the exam.
There are no recognized equivalencies to obtain this qualification.
There are no prerequisites required for this CPAC Level 2 qualification. Applicants are strongly advised to have a CPAC Level 1 Basic Concepts and Content qualification prior to writing this exam. Training from industry publications and information sessions, online training courses, and lecture series may also be suitable pre-study. Exam questions may include some Z662 concept questions.
The following training courses have been recognized as suitable pre-study for this examination. This list is not exhaustive and does not constitute an endorsement of the training organizations or individual trainers. The list is provided in alphabetical order of published course name.