Canadian Pipeliner Qualification Examinations
Anyone may challenge a code qualification examination to demonstrate their knowledge and comprehension of the regulatory and code requirements for an identified designation*. Certification of an applicant’s code qualification is a critical component for companies to demonstrate competency for the roles and responsibilities defined in their Safety and Loss Management System. Qualifications issued under this program do not infer any specific training or experience. Companies bear responsibility within their competency management programs to determine and assess the training, experience and any additional qualifications that may be required for the position or task assigned.
*Designations identified on a CPAC Certificate of Qualification are standardized based on the published syllabus content. Companies may require an individual to carry multiple designations to meet their specific internal competency criteria.
|Qualification Level||Qualification||About||Register||Country Code|
|1||Basic Pipeline Concepts and Content||C|
|1||LNG Concepts and Content||C|
|2||Pipeline Design and Material Concepts||C|
|2||Pipeline Construction Concepts||C|
|2||Operations and Integrity Concepts||C|
|2||QC Inspection and Auditing Concepts||C|
|2||Pipeline Distribution Concepts||C|
|2||Pipeline Electrical System Concepts||C|
|2||Oil and Gas Facility Concepts||C|
|3*||Pipeline Construction Technician||C|
|3*||Pipeline Management System Auditor||C|
|3*||Pipeline Integrity Technician||C|
|3*||1169 General Pipeline Construction Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Project Manager||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Management System Lead Auditor||C|
|4*||Chief Pipeline Construction Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Facility Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Welding Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Coating Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Pipeline Cathodic Protection Inspector||C|
|4*||Z662 Trenchless Pipeline Installation Inspector||C|
*This designation may carry a prerequisite or require verification of elements in addition to the member registration and successful completion of the code theory examination. Applicants who are successful with the examination, but who have not yet met the prerequisite or evidentiary requirements will be provided an email confirming their mark and identifying any additional conditions that must be met for issuance of the Certificate of Qualification and listing on the Accredited Pipeliner index.
- Examination cost is $350 + GST per exam. Assessment and national registration with the Accredited Pipeliner Index is included.
- Initial CPAC membership is included with a perspective member’s first successful examination.
- Update, Level 1 and Level 2 Examinations are 1 or 1 1/2 hours in length.
- Level 3 and Level 4 and Inspector Examinations are 2 or 2 ½ hours in length.
- Examination start time and locations will be confirmed 7 days prior to the date of writing.
- Applicants are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior for check-in and verification of identification.
- External reference materials are not permitted.
- Copies of allowable reference materials will be provided for use during the examination.
- Photo identification is required to be verified prior to writing.
- Successful writers will receive a CPAC “Certificate of Qualification”, a wallet ID card and their endorsement will be added to the national registry.
- Unsuccessful examination candidates will be provided training and/or study recommendations.
- For certifications requiring prerequisites or submissions in addition to the theory examination, where verification of general pipeline experience is required, examination marks will be issued by email. A Certificate of Qualification will be issued after verification or attainment of the required experience.
February – June 2020 Examination Locations and Dates
|Calgary, Alberta||1:00 pm – Friday, March 13, 2020|
|1:00 pm – Tuesday, March 10, 2020|
|Edmonton, Alberta||1:00 pm – Friday, February 21, 2020|
|1:00 pm – Friday, April 3, 2020|
|1:00 pm – Friday, April 17, 2020|
|1:00 pm – Tuesday, June 23, 2020|
|Fort St. John, British Columbia||1:00 pm – Wednesday, May 12, 2020|
|Grande Prairie, Alberta||1:00 pm – Friday, May 14, 2020|