CPAC Code Qualification Examinations
Anyone may challenge a pipeline industry code qualification examination to demonstrate their knowledge and comprehension of the regulatory and code requirements for their position. Certification of an applicant’s code qualification is a critical component for companies in demonstrating competency for the roles and responsibilities they wish to assign. The qualifications issued under this program do not infer any level of training or experience and companies are reminded they have responsibility within their Competency Management Systems to determine and assess the training, experience and qualifications that may be required, in addition to a CPAC code certificate, for assigning or contracting positions, work or tasks.
CPAC Challenge Exams Available
- 2019 CSA Z662 Code Update Examination (required to revalidate existing certificates to the new edition of the Z662)
- Level 1: CSA Z662-19 Basic Pipeline Concepts and Content
- Level 1: CSA Z276-18 LNG Concepts and Content
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Pipeline Design and Material Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Pipeline Construction Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Welding Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Operations and Integrity Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Pipeline Management System Auditing Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Pipeline Distribution Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Pipeline Electrical System Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-19 Oil and Gas Facility Concepts(includes CSA B51 and ASME B31.3 comprehension and demarcation)
- The Examination cost is $300 + GST per exam. Assessment and national registration with the Accredited Pipeliner Index is included.
- Update, Level 1 and Level 2 Examinations are 1 hour in length.
- Level 3 and Level 4 Examinations are 2 ½ hours in length.
- Examination start time and locations will be confirmed 7 days prior.
- Applicants are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior for check-in and verification of identification.
- External reference materials are not permitted.
- Copies of allowable reference materials will be provided for use during the examination.
- Photo identification is required to be verified prior to writing.
- Successful writers will receive a CPAC “Certificate of Qualification”, a wallet ID card and their endorsement will be added to the national registry.
- Unsuccessful exam candidates will be provided training and/or study recommendations.
2019 Examination Locations and Dates
|Calgary, Alberta||August 14, 2019|
|September 17, 2019|
|Edmonton, Alberta||August 16, 2019|
|September 12, 2019|
|Fort St. John, British Columbia||August 19, 2019|
|Grande Prairie, Alberta||August 20, 2019|
|Moncton, New Brunswick||August 29, 2019|
|Regina, Saskatchewan||September 3, 2019|
|Sarnia, Ontario||August 27, 2019|
|Vancouver, British Columbia||August 23, 2019|