CPAC Challenge Exams
Anyone may challenge a pipeline industry code qualification examination to demonstrate their knowledge and comprehension of the regulatory and code requirements for their position. Certification of an applicant’s code qualification is a critical component for companies in demonstrating competency for the roles and responsibilities they wish to assign. The qualifications issued under this program do not infer any level of training or experience and companies are reminded they have responsibility within their Competency Management Systems to determine and assess the training, experience and qualifications that may be required in addition to a CPAC code certificate for assigning or contraction work.
CPAC Challenge Exams Available
- Level 1: CSA Z662-15 Basic Pipeline Concepts and Content
- Level 1: CSA Z276-18 LNG Concepts and Content
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Design and Material Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Construction Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Welding Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Operations and Integrity Concepts
- Level 2 – CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Management System Auditing Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Distribution Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15 Pipeline Electrical System Concepts
- Level 2: CSA Z662-15/ASME B31.3 Oil and Gas Facility Concepts
- The Examination cost is $300 + GST per exam. Assessment and national registration with the Accredited Pipeliner Index is included.
- Choose one or two exams from the list of exams available to be challenged.
- A maximum of 2 exams may be written per day.
- Exams are 1 hour in length.
- Exams begin at 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
- Applicants are requested to arrive 15 minutes prior.
- Applicants will be provided with a list of approved reference materials and exam rules with the registration receipt.
- Copies of allowable reference materials will be provided for use during the examination.
- Photo identification is required to be verified prior to writing.
- Following registration for a challenge exam, applicants will be contacted to confirm the date, time and location for the examination.
- Successful writers will receive a CPAC “Certificate of Qualification”, a wallet ID card (effective January 1, 2019) and their endorsement will be added to the national registry.
- Unsuccessful exam candidates will be provided training and/or study recommendations.